Robin Jacob Yanes
- Sole Practitioner
Attorney Robin Yanes is committed to the interests of his clients, and has dedicated his life and career to helping the 'underdog.' Having grown up in the turbulent '60s, he has a keen awareness of injustice, both criminal and civil, and this discernment has allowed his practice to flourish tremendously for the last 25 years.
Yanes' professional and meticulous approach to serving clients' needs and delivering favorable verdicts has resulted in the unwavering loyalty of many high-profile clients, most notably Suge Knight of Death Row Records. So impressed are many Judges, Police Officers, and other members of law enforcement that they frequently refer their own close friends and relatives to his legal expertise.
Though a fierce advocate in the courtroom, Yanes has also put his skills to work to help those in the community. His focus has been on assisting those in need, particularly single moms and senior citizens and in communities with the greatest need, and with the fewest resources. As a native of Southern California his familiarity with the local legal system, from key players to legal procedures, is an invaluable resource for these clients.
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Yanes received his J.D. from Southwestern University with a specialization in Criminal Law. He has been an esteemed member of the Bar since 1977.
Areas Of Practice
- Assault & Battery - Plaintiff
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- California, 1977
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- U.S.C., Los Angeles, California
- Major: English Literature
- Suge Knight, Death Row Records
- Police Officers, Judges and District Attorneys
- who have been Criminally Charged
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Attorneys For Criminal Justice
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) , Member, 1980
- Compton Courts Bar Association, Member, 1980
- South Bay Bar Association, Member, 1980
- Criminal Courts Bar Association, Member
- California Public Defenders Association (CPDA) , Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Judge Pro Tem
- Lectures to High School Students Re: Legal Career